Masking the nurse’s function in selling neighborhood well being, Group/Public Well being Nursing, sixth Version supplies a singular ‘upstream’ preventive focus and a powerful social justice method in a concise, easy-to-read textual content. It exhibits the way you, as a nurse, can take an energetic function in social motion and well being coverage – particularly in caring for various and weak inhabitants teams. Written by neighborhood well being nursing specialists Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen, this ebook gives medical examples and photograph novellas displaying how ideas apply to the actual world, and describes the problems and tasks of as we speak’s neighborhood and public well being nursing.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses components which might be the precursors to poor well being in the neighborhood, addressing potential well being issues earlier than they happen.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on neighborhood facets in all steps of the nursing course of highlights the neighborhood perspective in all well being conditions.
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ method promotes well being for all individuals, together with weak populations.
- UNIQUE! Photograph novellas use pictures to inform tales displaying real-life medical eventualities and purposes of essential neighborhood well being nursing roles.
- Analysis Highlights packing containers present the appliance of analysis research to the apply of neighborhood nursing.
- Scientific examples supply snippets of real-life consumer conditions.
- Case Research: Software of the Nursing Course of characteristic presents sensible and manageable examples for the idea, ideas, and utility of the nursing course of.
- Moral Insights packing containers spotlight moral points and issues that the neighborhood/public well being nurse might encounter.
- Goals, key phrases, and chapter outlines in the beginning of each chapter introduce essential ideas and terminology.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Veterans’ Well being packing containers current conditions and concerns associated to the care of veterans.
- UPDATED Economics of Well being Care chapter addresses the most recent modifications associated to well being care reform.
- UPDATED Wholesome Individuals 2020 packing containers embrace essentially the most present nationwide well being care goals.
- UPDATED Communicable Illness chapter covers present public well being surveillance and outbreaks of rising well being threats, together with rising infections (e.g., H1N1, SARS, West Nile virus).
$116.00 - $68.38